Saturday 24 July 2010

Learning to Distress

Karen and Pat of Scraploonies ran a fab cardmaking day today.
I am not the greatest fan of stamping or distressing for various reasons - too expensive, too time-consuming, too messy and requires far too much artistic talent. I'm much more comfortable cutting and sticking in straight lines. However, I was pleasantly surprised by how much fun I had.
Today, I have learned to create collages with torn patchwork, stamps and distress stickles; to produce gorgeous stamped silhouette images; to use spray inks and the Cuttlebug for authentic looking leaf embellishments; and to paint with bleach and Silkies for different stamped effects.
I'm really looking forward to mounting all my efforts onto cards.

I have also learnt today how to make my photos look vintage in Photoshop, thanks to Shimelle's LYPLYP prompt. So even my photos look more distressed.

BEFORE:
AFTER:
It's fun to leave my comfort zone occasionally. I'll have to buy some distress inks!

1 comment:

Cath said...

Are you ok as there is no WOYWW from you?
Loving the course by the way.

Cathx