Friday 21 May 2010

Watercolours and decoupage

I spent an evening assembling cards for all the members of P's family who all have birthdays in early summer.

P did a lot of watercolour painting last summer in France and I had saved his small pieces to make up into cards. I think they're lovely, although he is too modest to display his work. I know his relatives will love them. I had to hide a name on the front of the cow cards, as some of the intended recipients read this blog.

Last week, I got to work on the free decoupage kit which came with Papercraft Inspirations. It was the first time I'd really tried proper decoupage and pyramage, and have to admit it was quite enjoyable, so I used a couple of those toppers to make birthday cards for M and her cousin, who share a birthday next month.

I have some other watercolours and decoupage toppers ready for July and August birthdays. The paintings feel a little too personal to use on cards for sale, and I don't think my decoupage is good enough yet to sell, so they are all destined for family members.

By the way, thanks to those of you who left me good wishes about my hearing aid. I'm getting used to it. I'll start wearing it at college next week and see if it helps me understand my students any better.

Thanks for looking. Have a great Friday!





No comments: