Tuesday, 7 April 2015

A sunny and sugar-fuelled Easter

Hello Blogland from France
I know I'm a sporadic blogger now, but I thought I'd share a few photos from our Easter weekend here in Normandy.
Good Friday is not a holiday here, surprisingly, and the weather was poor so we stayed in and played board games.
On Saturday we had a dinner party for our local friends. We only have 2 weeks so we killed 4 families with one chilli (so to speak!) I love the fact that we have the space here to host 14 people. But watch this space because while we are out here we are having a brand new kitchen fitted at home. I am beyond excited!
 
Easter Sunday started late (the kids having gone to bed after 11.30 the night before) I set up an egg  hunt in the garden.


Then we went out for lunch at a local restaurant. Very good. And incredible value at 55Euros for the 4 of us.
In the late afternoon, the village commune organised another egg hunt - a very generous one which included a post-event 'gouter' of wine and cakes!



Not surprisingly, none of us was very hungry by dinner time!
Unfortunately the lovely day was slightly marred at bedtime by a sugar/sleep induced tantrum, but that's life. And it's my right as the family scrapper to include it, or not, in my album!


2 comments:

alexa said...

Sounds like a happy community-filled weekend - and the joy of a new kitchen to come home to, to boot!

Sian said...

It looks like a great time was had by all. Sugar tantrum? Easter weekend rite of passage, has to be done! Enjoy the rest of your break