Monday 14 July 2014

Shiny happy scrapping

I love this picture of my kids stripped off in the water park at LEGOLAND. I hadn't come prepared with swim stuff as the day started cold and rainy, but the sun came out at the end of the day and I figured it didn't matter if they had wet hair and no knickers when we were heading straight back to the car!
I also love that the only new things on the layout were 3 Dear Lizzy stickers. The background cardstock is printed with a wedding cake and so has been sitting unused in my stash for several years. It is the last sheet of a pack by DCWV, as is the red scalloped circle, which I cut from the cover of the paper pack and then kept for ages.

I've pulled them out several times as I like the combination of colours but always put them back again. This time I found a couple of A4 floral sheets (from Scrapbooking Magazine, I think.) I layered one behind the circle and used a strip of the other to cover the wedding cake. Turning it 90 degrees so the strip was at the bottom not at the side gave me the design I wanted. From there it was just a matter of layering up around the photo with various cards, stickers and sentiments.

Nice and colourful, but gentle tones. Happy with that!

No comments: