Thursday 21 November 2013

Wedding scrapping

I took a lot of photos at A and M's wedding recently, which isn't unusual but almost all of them were keepers. I wanted to do justice to as many as possible so I used divided page protectors to make double page layouts with all the bride and groom pictures.
The wedding colour was purple, so this was a great opportunity to use up all this mauve and purple cardstock, which I bought and never used.
I wanted to showcase this picture so I hand-stitched a heart on the background and kept the rest of the embellishment to a minimum. Since I don't own a die cutter I handcut the title too. I know (though no-one else would notice) that this simple page took me a long time and that makes it feel special.
I used matching embellishments on the divided page, as well as canibalising 1 of the 2 Orders of Service we brought home to act as both journaling and memorabilia.

My other double featured the less formal pictures from the reception. I loved the expression on M's face as she was showered with confetti. I cut the diamond patterned paper irregularly and used extra diamonds on the background to echo the pieces of confetti, then dug out my underused punches to make 3 clusters of embellishments. Again the ribbon is memorabilia (attached to table favours).

No comments: