Friday 17 May 2013

Fun with Simple Stories Snap

 I made this bright and breezy background with the Simple Stories Snap collection some time ago for another layout and then decided the grid patterned demanded a long piece of journalling which wasn't necessary with the photos I was scrapping. So I put it away for a layout with more journalling.

This time, when I pulled it out, it worked perfectly. Matting my bright and cheerful pictures on plain cardstock helped them pop off the busy background. I stencilled the title and coloured it with Pro-markers then wrote about our new neighbours in France.

The house adjoining our back garden has been on the market since before we bought our French house and we have been watching it was interest. As the French tend not to buy old houses, prefering to rent new builds, we hoped it would be bought by a young British family and this is exactly what happened. Ken is a butcher (the proper abattoir kind of butcher, not someone who sells sausages) and Anita is a stay at home mum with 3 year Jack and a baby due any time now. I have left space on the journalling to add the baby's name when we know it. The kids love having someone to play with in France and it will be nice to have some young company in a village of mainly retired people.
                                          
I finished the page with cut out embellishments, also from Simple Stories Snap and a few punched butterflies. Easy and fun!

3 comments:

alexa said...

Such a bright and fun page! Your lovely lettering caught my eye straightaway!

Maria Ontiveros said...

I love everything about this layout. The various sized polka dots, the red paper clips, the coloring on the title. All in support of super cute pictures.
Great job!
Rinda

Anonymous said...

I love how you've combined all the papers and yet the photos really stand out.