Saturday 4 May 2013

Cooking with Dad

This layout is based on a sketch in this month's Scrapbook Magazine. The 4 photos of my daughter helping her Dad make garlic bread were taken in France and I knew I wanted a sequence of small pictures. The poloroid frames from Simple Stories Snap were ideal. All of the papers are by Simple Stories, but the background paper and all the stickers are from the Awesome collection. I thought of this as a 'boy' collection when I bought it, but I think it works well here. The only ringer is the Antique Newsprint paper by Bazzill.
I made pizza=style embellishments to fit the theme, but the whole layout feels a bit flat. I am not good at the final embellishment stage - I can never find the ribbons, buttons, pearls or enamel dots that everyone seems to have in abundance. I think that needs to be my focus next time I have a shopping spree. I have plenty of paper and letter stickers. I need stuff to add dimension.
                                                    

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it looks good. As or dimension, how about using pop dots?