Wednesday 6 February 2013

Snap! layout

I've taken these pictures of my daughter out several times to scrap since last October and put them away again, as I couldn't decide what story to tell with them.
Should I talk about her enrolment as a Rainbow and how happy I am she is following in my Guiding footsteps?; or should I focus on her Hallowe'en costume, which she wore at the Black Cat party that night? Or the fact that the hall was burnt down the following week?
I decided that this wasn't really a Hallowe'en layout. However, when I got out my new stash of Simple Stories Snap papers, I found an orange 'Oct' and the orange 'Cheese' polaroid on the cut apart sheets so I went with this as the focal colour to give a nod to Hallowe'en, whilst focussing on Guiding in the journaling.
The notebook paper on the Simple Stories background sheet gave me plenty of journalling space. I didn't want to cover up any of the pre-printed banners but I embellished up the polaroid with another layered camera and a pleated banner. The letter stickers are by Basic Grey and the only other embellishments were ancient fabric heart and a scattering of sequins.

No comments: