Friday 28 December 2012

We're in the papers!

Twice!
M had a lovely picture in the local paper, performing the Angel Dance in her school nativity play, and she and P were in the other local rag singing carols (unfortunately, I had to take R to drama or we would all have been there.)

I wanted to scrap them both, but they were large pictures and the carol singing one was less good than Angel, so I made a double-sided page instead of a conventional double layout. This means it will need to be taken out of the page protector to see the other side, but it also saves me space in my already bulging 2012 D-Ring album.

I used a single sheet of shiny black cardstock and  the same sheet of DCWV snowflake paper from 2 or 3 years ago . The sticker sheets are by Crate Paper and the die-cuts by Echo Park. I used red rhinestones to highlight M's face in the group and added a small photo that I had atken at the nativity play.

I actually like the double-sided effect. It's economical, as I only used 1 sheet of cardstock and it is a good way of including muliple photos without a double page layout. I might do more of this next year, to make my album a bit thinner.

No comments: