Saturday 10 November 2012

C-Day minus 7 weeks


Sat 10 Nov  You have my permission to shop till you drop from now on!
Having done all your online shopping, it is now time to grasp the nettle and actually brave the shops. It will still be relatively quiet for the next few weeks, before the real chaos begins.
I've bought most for most of the children and Secret Santa. I've still got a long way to go, but will have to wait until my next pay day now.

Don’t forget to buy wrapping paper and gifts tags. Choose your colour scheme, if you like to have one. I've ordered mine from a catalogue which benefits R's school, but i forgot to write so I never buy the shiny metallic paper – it isn’t recyclable. If you like to get ahead, wrap your presents as you get them. This also reduces the chance of anyone discovering their gift before the big day. But make sure your name tags are securely attached (I speak from experience!!)
Personally, however, I really enjoy doing all my wrapping in one evening late in December.

I have to admit to not having written many cards yet though. I have been very tired this week by the time the children are in bed. I need to practise what I preach!

2 comments:

humel said...

Um - I'm still aiming to get on with my Christmas cards?! I have ordered a few more gifts, and it doesn't look like I'll be able to actually get to a real shop any time soon so I may have to rethink a few gift ideas.... I'm so impressed by your organisation :)

scrappyjacky said...

I enjoy [though not sure that's the right word!!] doing all my wrapping at once....usually accompanied by a drink and a christmas CD!!