Saturday 20 October 2012

Life is Good

2 of the blogs I follow; Jennifer's Jumbles and Lisa-Jane, have recently posted entries for the SJ Crafts challenge - scrap a birthday, using circles or ovals.

I've never done this before, but the topic was easy peasy!  It had to be a record of my birthday breakfast, made for me for the first time by R and M.

The basis of this was again from my Counterfeit Kit, which I have almost used up in one day of scrapping.

The papers are by Basic Grey (first time I've ever used a sheet of Basic Grey, if you can believe that!) and 7Gypsies.
The brads and doilies are both Dovecraft and the journalling box is a Smash pad, with a Paoermania Henbury Lane stencil.
The circular embellishments were actually ones which I made some time ago and then lost for ages! I think they fit nicely here.
I bought the papers from Shopkeeper Gal  on Saturday and the stencil was on the giveaway table, so I feel pretty pleased that I've used new stash so quickly.

5 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

Perfect, I think. Great pics and a wonderful LO...the papers are fab, and item sooo nice to see that stencil so cleverly employed!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday for last week!! Great page and a lovely memory to record!! Thank you for joining us at S J Crafts this month! PS: So pleased I found your blog ... I'm now following you!! Sarah x

alexa said...

Many congratulations on your birthday :). You've clearly put that kit to good use if it is almost all used up already!

Tamika said...

Happy Belated birthday! I love the layout and recognized the Basic Grey paper right away because I just filed a small square of it (laughing out loud)-LOL! fellow WOYWWer!

dragonllew said...

Great page thanks for joining us at S J Crafts hope you'll join us again this month.
Jenny x