Monday 27 February 2012

Another important birthday scrapped


2012 is a year of Big Birthdays for us. We have already celebrated 3 40th birthdays and this page commemorates my Dad's 70th. It wasn't a big event - just Sunday lunch with the family but important all the same, and a good opportunity for me to include some personal hidden journalling about my beloved Dad on a tag behind the small photo. As we were hosting, I didn't have time to take many pictures and those I did weren't great. However, thanks to the wonders of PSE, I was able to turn this:

into this:

I printed it large then sliced it up to highlight the lovely expressions on everyone's faces, as well as keeping the focus on Dad.

The patchwork background was a happy accident. I cut up several sheets of patterned paper to use, then didn't like the way it looked so the most economical thing I could do was punch a number of small squares from the rejected scraps. I used the big foam alpha which I bought recently from Tiger and some wooden 'Flying Things' from Hobbycraft, which I coloured slightly with Glimmer Mist. The journalling card is from the Family Smash Pad.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Photoshop is just marvellous if you ask me! A great page Kirsty!

Connie Mercer said...

Love your LO Kristy~TY for stopping by my blog today~I will put these Bingo cards in albums when I'm done displaying them ~ the one I might have to re-do the top but that is my plans.:):)

Sian said...

What a wonderfully happy photo! 70? Your Dad is looking very good on it!

Unknown said...

I just love that photo and your dad's expression.

Thank you so much for the parcel that arrived her today. The necklace is beautiful, and very much my type of design as well. It was also a massive surprise as I wasn't expecting it, just the book. Made my day, and cheered me on a day where I really needed it.