Sunday 17 April 2011

'Alphanumeric Blog Hop'

Apologies to you all here from Mel's blog hop. I had a nice little scheduled post set up on the letter K, but Blogger seems to have lost it, so you'll have to go back to Mel for the next link
Remember this childhood game?
A girl's name KIRSTY (of course)
A boy's name KEVIN we need to talk about him- I recommend this book
A country KENYA a beautiful place, but also where P and both his parents were born
An animal KOALA I know they're grumpy little things but I'd love to see one up close
A room KITCHEN I'd be lying if I said it was my favourite place, but I do like to bake for special occasions.
a colour KHAKI not to wear but to scrap with - it makes a nice neutral background but more interesting than white or KRAFT
an item of clothing KILT. Never worn one. Never going to and, despite my name, there is no Scottish blood whatsoever in either my family or P's.
Hope Blogger manages to publish this from my phone. Sorry it's late, Mel.

14 comments:

humel said...

It's here! Hooray :-) No worries, Kirsty, Blogger was bound to get one of us - I'm sorry it was you, but pleased to see your post now (albeit it a shortened version!) Thanks so much for being part of my hop xx

Sian said...

Aw, Kirsty, did you have to write it again? Honestly, Blogger has a mind of its own sometimes! I'm glad you made it all the same.

Angelfish said...

Glad you made it to the party Kirsty:) My husband got married in a kilt even though neither of us is Scottish!
Fiona x

Jen said...

So glad you made it Kirsty - I Kept Kalling bacK yesterday but that Blogger does sometimes have a mean streaK! I am so glad it eventualy allowed you to post - this waas great bloghop! Jen x

debs14 said...

Ah, dear old Blogger, it likes to trip us up every now and again doesn't it?!
Pleased to see your post today though. I have a niece called Kirsty so I'm a bit biased towards how pretty a name it is!

Melissa said...

Glad to see your post Kirsty! Hope blogger is nicer to you this week! :>)

Mrsjobee said...

My husband has worn a kilt several times as an alternative to Mess dress - and unfortunately he wore it in the true Scottish way - even though he is Welsh. Do love to see a man in a skirt though!!

Mary B said...

Kirsty glad you were able to post your K letter even if it is a shortened version. Like the idea too.

Peonies and Pennies said...

Oh the gremlins of blogger have struck again, poor you. Still enjoyed your post though. ~c~

Jimjams said...

Glad you made it! And hope you're enjoying your holiday.
I loved the book about Kevin - quite stunning! And I agree about Khaki - cool colour!
Happy Easter :D

Rachel Holaday said...

Koalas are grumpy little things! -they look cuddly but apparently they have razor sharp claws so they can cling to the trees.Definitely don't wanna mess with 'em! Sorry your post got lost - that's very frustrating.

Heather said...

Naughty Blogger! I can't get blogger to paragraph my posts so I understand your frustration :(
Thanks for reminding me of that childrens game - amazing how you forget isn't it! xx

furrypig said...

Sorry you missed the blog hop it was such great fun and I kept checking back for your post what a pain Blogger can be! Hope you enjoyed your French hols xxx

Margie S (xnomads) said...

I read We Need to Talk About Kevin. It was thought provoking for sure! Good job on 'K'. Nice to see your post! : )