Sunday 13 March 2011

Crafting with March's Counterfeit Kit - layout 1 - Mystery Woman

I made this at the Scraploonies Crop yesterday.It is A4 to fit in my Family Tree album with birth, marriage and death certificates etc. I will print a facing page with the details I have managed to find about the woman of mystery who was P's grandmother.
This post tells you about my frustrated attempts to prove the story she told my FIL about being left on the steps of a church and adopted by a wealthy vicar, and my eventual discovery that she actually lived with her father, a grocer, until her wedding day.
The photo is of Molly Maud on a ship from Kenya, where she emigrated to after her first husband was killed in a motorcycle accident in Norwich, back to UK to visit the sons she left there. She is with her third husband, Alf. The Kenya link, explains the lion. I loved the vintage elephant cards in the original StudioCalico kit, but didn't have anything like them.
The story is so convoluted, and further complicated by her lies. I would love to turn it into a novel one day.
The March kit was fun to use. I did 3 layouts with it yesterday, and I still have loads left. I'll post them separately, to get more chances in the Counterfeit Challenge draw at the end of the month, as I would love to win those vintage goodies on offer!

7 comments:

Sian said...

It sounds as if it would make a FANTASTIC novel Kirsty - or even a film. With a hint of White Mischief about it?

Margie said...

Cool story! Great use of your kit!

Tricia said...

Beautiful layout - I love your story. You are very diligent!

A Creative Operation said...

Lovely page!!!

~Mar said...

Great story. Beautiful page!

humel said...

It sounds a really interesting story, if complicated! And what a fab layout :-)

LellyJelly said...

Love your layout Kirsty, the story made it all the more interesting - it was good to see you at our retreat. Hope we'll see you at the April Scraploonies crop - Lesley