Saturday 4 September 2010

Layouts from France

As usual, I took loads of photos while we were in France. And this year, for the first time I was able to use my DSLR to better advantage, having just completed 'Love Your Photos, Love Your Pages'. I'm quite proud of the artistically' blurred fairground picture on 'Fun Fair'.
I took some scrapping materials with me and played with Photoshop and some of Shimelle's sketches to produce a number of different styles. I am now in love with the 'Vintage + Vignette' PSE action, which I used on 'En Vacances En Famille'.
I only use stamps and punches occasionally so I didn't take any with me (except my corner rounder,which is one of my Desert Island pieces of equipment) but not having that option meant I had to think a bit more carefully. I'm especially fond of the graphic design with decoupaged flowers and sparkly alphas on 'Fun Fair'.
I also bought a copy of the French Scrapbooking magazine, 'Les Histoires de Pages', which was full of fab layouts. They seem to go for much more white space than I am used to. My 'Snap Happy' Layout was basd on a sketch from there.
I went straight back to work when we got home so it's only now that I have time to upload all my completed LOs to share with you.
I foolishly forgot to take my 'perfect' sheet of zoo paper and mini playing cards with me so I couldn't scrap our day out at the zoo or our poker evening and I have hundreds of photos to print, so I'm afraid you'll be seeing lots more of Nos Vacances, not to mention R's 8th birthday, which fell on my first day back at work.
Here you are then:

2 comments:

Clair said...

Wow, that's a lot of layouts - and full of some rather beautiful papers :)

Pippa (pjbear) said...

Love the LO's, love the colours you've used - brill!