Sunday 27 June 2010

A favourite photo, but not a favourite layout


Once again, it takes a challenge from Shimelle to get me scrapping. She challenged us to scrap one favourite photo. I love this one of both children wearing face paints but the bright colours scared me. Two attempts later, they still do!.
First I tried painting a mat straight onto the cardstock, but I didn't like it so I covered it up with the bright diagonal stripe paper.
That went wonky, so I tried to straighten the effect with the bunting.
I really liked the bunting, but it kept tearing when I put it through the Xyron.
I'd smudged some ink at the bottom from the painted mat, so my assorted stickers had to cover those and it just didn't work.


So I ditched it and started again, this time with a patterned background. This DCWV Doodling Around stack was such a great buy. I kept the red dotted strip (from the same paper pack)and the Making Memories felt alpha, but I had to change the title as I'd used up the Fs. That felt is super sticky and it stretches and tears very easily.
The assorted character icons show what my children are into at the moment. I used Anita's Glossy accents to tie them together, but I think I might have gone a bit OTT..
I'm still not sure about the finished layout. However, M and R love it- it's more 'them' than it is 'me' - so I feel as if I've added something quite special to my album. Maybe Shimelle's new class, 'Love Your Photos, Love Your Layout', will give me some ideas to scrap this photo again in more of my own style. Don't forget you can win a free place on this class, ust by becoming a follower of my blog and leaving a comments. The winner will be drawn on Thursday 1st July.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

love that you have two layouts on the painted faces love the first one

emhowl said...

I'm glad to follow your blog. I'm envious of the strawberry jam!