Monday 18 January 2010

Jan 16th 2010 - new year, new adventure




Welcome to Handmade By Kirsty. This is my blog.
I have been scrapbooking for about 4 years and I love the opportunity it gives me to preserve my memories for my children. It is creative, relaxing and very rewarding. I will build up this blog with help from Shimelle Laine's Blogging For Scrapbookers and you will certainly be seeing many of my pages.
However, my reason for starting this blog now is more commercial than personal. I enjoy making cards for my friends and family. I made over 50 Christmas cards this year andI have sold a few at craft fairs and to friends. (My grandmother, Nanny L, is my greatest fan).
I have very recently started making jewellery as well and I have just sold my first piece, to my MIL (see picture). I made this choker, and matching bracelet with the onyx-coloured plastic beads from a single strand necklace I found in a charity shop. I thought this would be a good way of practising my skills without too much financial outlay. When I get more accomplished, I will move on to using semi precious stones.
I have decided to use this space to share the crafty items I have created, in the hope that I will be able to sell some of them. By the end of this year, when I have built up some stock, I intend to start an Misi shop and do some more craft fairs. I am just starting out soI would be grateful for any honest feedback- tell me what you think of my creations. Do you like this necklace? Would you wear it? How much would be prepared to pay for it?

No comments: