Saturday 14 February 2015

Happy Valentines Day/Happy Half Term


I know I haven't been here much recently but I had to stop by and say thank you to Missus Wookie, Susanna @ Snaps and Snippets, Sue Eyley, Melissa Gross form the US, Alexa and Linda from Brisbane, Australia for the Happy Mail I received courtesy if Sian's Postcard Exchange.
So cute. It really made my day every time one arrived.
I also posted off 6 postcards of the church I attend, which also happens to be very pretty and historical. It is recorded in the Domesday book and has the 3rd oldest surviving door in the UK and thus also represents my interest in local history.

Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland Stamp Set
As a bonus, when I went to get stamps they had these lovely Alice in Wonderland ones. Perfect! I am a big reader and Lewis Carroll lived in Guildford, very near me.

Did you celebrate Valentines? P and I never make a big deal if it but we will have a nice meal tonight. I received this from 7yr-old M.
Poor Freddie! She must have had second thoughts! Soon enough Freddie or some other boy will certainly come ahead of Mummy in affections so I'll make the most of it while I can.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

So glad all your postcards arrived & brightened your day. I've been enjoying receiving the, too! Happy Valentine's Day!

Sian said...

I'm delighted that your cards have arrived..what a lovely selection! Thanks for joining in and Happy Valentine's!

scrappyjacky said...

A lovely selection of cards.

Alison said...

What a great selection of cards..and your valentine made me laugh! Xx

alexa said...

Glad your DD is already in the recycling habit :), and delighted to know the card arrived. You have a super collection there ...

Susanne said...

Well look at what you have there. Isn't swapping postcards just so fun! I still have a few to look forward to arriving.